Just returned from the AACU Faculty Collaboratives meeting in New Orleans. Excellent opportunity to learn from peers across the country. Excited by the work of Fellows in the other states, including Wisconsin, Utah, Texas.... Particularly impressed by Wisconsin's Hub website. Excellent, if overwhelming, presentation on leveraging social media in the classroom. Very interested in using PERISCOPE to publish real-time videos, YIK YAK, CANVA, WORDSWAG, SNAPCHAT and others to engage faculty, students and community.

Our team identified a means to sustain the California Faculty Collaboratites effort by partnering with our statewide faculty professional development group -- 3CSN. More to come soon!

11.10.15

Late to the party... it's 6pm on a Tuesday night, the day before Veteran's Day (observed) when I will fly to Oakland to meet with one of the California fellows to work on a project related to our Faculty Collaboratives work.

I had intended to begin blogging about the experience of working on the Faculty Collaboratives projects much sooner, but the responsibilities of my new position as interim dean put the "kibosh" on those plans.... So, better late than never!

I just returned last week from the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education in Boulder, CO where I was working on the last round of "outcomes" for the Interstate Passport Initiative. I visited WICHE with two dedicated faculty from the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at my institution for two days to work on two areas: Human Society and the Individual and Teamwork. This is my fourth visit to WICHE connected to the Interstate Passport and am learning more about this bold initiative with each visit. More about this later.... It was an excellent two days.